Remember when our girls had whooping cough?
Bearhands and I slept on the floors in their bedrooms for a month, so we could rub their backs and offer them little sips of water during their terrifying coughing fits.
Well, I just found a little note I wrote one night lying on a single mattress, unable to go back to sleep after the Little Sister had suffered a particularly nasty bout.
I don't remember writing it, but it's a lovely insight into our girls at that age.
Finding that little note was like finding a little portal back to 2014.
Back when the girls looked like this....
...when getting them both to look in the same direction for a photo was almost impossible...
... and the Little Sister frequently looked like this.
things I learned about my daughters from sleeping on their floor for a month
- they fart in their sleep
- they have nightmares about the other one getting the pink bowl, cup, drink bottle, <<insert other household items here and repeat>>
- they teeter terrifyingly close to the edge of their beds, but rarely fall out*
- they're old enough to have morning breath, but
- their sweat still smells like sunshine and rainbows
- like little monsters, they sprout sharp toenails at night
- they kick like mules and squirm like Tony Abbott on QandA**
It seems a long time ago - the laundry basket will attest that their sweat hasn't smelled like rainbows for a good long while.
But I remember them like that.
ever get a little glimpse into the past?
*They still occasionally fall out of bed
*Tony's not longer the PM but the squirming persists
How sweet, it's true that the days are long but the years are short. xxx
Amanda Smyth says
The years are sort and the laundry is stinky! 😉
Dani @sand has no home says
What a lovely treasure to find x
Amanda Smyth says
I know, right Dani! A little gift from former (super sleep deprived) me!