Hello and welcome to this week's I'm Pinning Around Pinterest Link Party.
My favourite post from last week was Mrs D plus 3's tips for staying sun smart. Robyn's timing with her tips was perfect, summer has come early here.
While we're talking about being sun smart, I wanted to pass on a few tips on my own to my readers.
A few months ago I attended a Look Good Feel Better workshop to support a special bird who's currently having treatment for cancer. Sun safety is especially important for people undergoing treatment for cancer and the presenter shared some information I didn't know.
The first tip I took away was to be most effective, sunscreen must be applied to clean, dry skin. That is before your moisturiser.
The second was, SPF15 is simply not enough. When I got home, sure enough the BB cream I was using was only SPF15. Since then I've upgraded to a tinted sunscreen made by the Cancer Council that is SPF50. I'm in the process of making a new habit - I don't step outside the house in the morning without it on. Typically trips to the shed or the chook house end up being hour long expeditions around here, once I get distracted by something else. If I have my sunscreen on anyway, it doesn't matter if my plans change midway!
Enough about my easily distractible nature and back to the job at hand! If you joined last week's party, don't forget to pop back and pin two posts, thanks.
The guidelines for I'm Pinning Around Pinterest Link Party are as follows:
- The party will start every Wednesday morning and close at midnight on Friday. All welcome.
- Bloggers: if you’d like to join in: share one post that you think is perfect for Pinterest, then browse the other posts, find at least two that interest you, visit the site and pin directly from the original post.
- Please help spread the word about the link too – the more people who join in, the more chances there are to pin. If you're sharing, please add the #pinningaround hashtag.
- Each week I choose a few of my favourites to showcase the following week.
- Readers: I hope that this will be a fun way to find some new blogs to enjoy. I've already discovered lots of gorgeous new blogs with clever ideas and photography that I adore!
[inlinkz_linkup id=456626 mode=1]
Thanks for helping to spread the word about the party.