Generally I mark Australia Day with terrible re-writes of famous poems and instructional ebooks that no one really needs, but this year I'm feeling introspective.
This year I'm reflecting on how good we have it in 'the lucky country' and I'm feeling grateful to live in Australia, to live in a place where
- my girls are considered worthy of education
- we have access to the very best medical care
- our air is breathable, our water drinkable and our seas swimmable
- we take ice-cream very seriously
- we can criticise our leaders when we believe they could do a better job. (On that note, Mr Turnbull, I'd love to include a note about marriage equality in this list next year. It's a bit embarrassing that the Irish beat us to it, no?)
- we know how to throw a GREAT party.
Australia Day Party
I’m excited to be hosting my annual Australia Day Blog Party. Last year some very talented people linked up some fabulous Australian posts. So, for your reading pleasure – I present yarns, recipes and how-tos from Australia’s best and brightest bloggers!
Bloggers: Please link up one original post that is Australian in theme – I’m happy for a broad interpretation here! The link will be live until January 31 – for those who want to let us know what they got up to on the Australia Day weekend. Your post needn’t be new – so feel free to find something in your archives. If you’re feeling generous, add a link back to the party from your post. Thanks for joining in!
[inlinkz_linkup id=600971 mode=1]
Jody at Six Little Hearts says
Happy Australia Day!
Amanda Smyth says
To you too Jody! xx